Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Are we there yet?

When I made that sudden move to change my career from hotelier to a normal office worker, I never expected to 'feel' myself changing as well.

Hospitality industry has always been my sandbox since I left high school. It's in my DNA. I had doubts in myself, wondered if I could survive outside my comfort zone. Adjustments in working schedule, list of duties, colleagues, office cultures and not forgetting, new friends! I have never had so many non-hospitality related friends in this country and within 3 months I have new strings of friends.

Honestly, my first three months was depressing. Doing the same routine and felt that I have not achieved anything, except the good night sleep, cooking more and of course more time with my son. Well, reading back what I typed, I did achieve what I meant to do after all. I just want to break the cycle with much more life.

As my husband pointed out, I need to reinvent myself. Be happy. Therefore, in the next coming months I look forward to reinventing 'me'.

Nope, we are not there yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment