Friday, May 2, 2014

Crafting with Cereal Boxes

This must be one of my longest time away from blogging. So much to write about, so little time. Or rather, the free time window I have are spent doing bracelets, scrapbook or Skype chat with Perry. 

My children are always inspiring me to think creatively. One of my recent light bulb moment would be during my son's fourth birthday. Xavier loves all kinds of transportation so I decided to reuse the cereal and biscuit boxes I have been saving for some other projects. 


The banner was made of cereal boxes, letters printout from Word document and washi tapes (paper tapes). If you do not have washi tapes, use strips of paper cut out from magazines, or use crayons / colour pens, or water colour for the background. So many possibilities! I used a single punch hole to make the holes and craft rope or string to hold the card boards together. For the train, I used three Cerelac cereal boxes and one Oreo biscuit box. The small coaches are actually one cereal box I cut into two smaller boxes. Wrapped them in wrapping papers I had lying around (or save for future occasions). Smaller details like the wheels - I have my circle paper punch but you can use any round objects to trace and cut. The connectors are actually black and grey stripes washi tapes. Very useful and multi purpose craft supply to have in moments like these. Again, no washi tapes, no problem. Use whatever you have lying around. You can even use toothpicks or yarns. 

So happy with the result. Cost nothing as all the materials are in my craft room or kitchen, ready to be used. 

No comments:

Post a Comment